Water Flow Calculator & Sprinkler Head Performance Tables
Measuring GPM and Psi
Finding your Flow Rate (GPM) and measuring the pressure at your Hose Bib (PSI) are the first steps in designing your sprinkler system.
Both PSI and GPM determine the amount of coverage you will obtain using a selected sprinkler head. After completing the worksheet (see sprinkler calculator provided below) you will be able to access the following:
- Verify that all sprinkler heads in your system will have sufficient water flow.
- Verify that you have enough PSI to extend or lengthen sprinkler system.
- See how subtracting a head or adding a head might affect performance.
- Find which kind of sprinkler head or nozzle to select before installation.
- Estimate the coverage of each head and maximize your sprinkler layout.
The Lawn Belt Sprinkler Calculator
As you fill in the calculator make sure to click (or Tab) into each box from where specified. (using your Tab key will allow you to move down the sprinkler calculator, using your Shift and Tab together will move you up in the worksheet)
When re-running numbers,always start from top of sprinkler calculator and work down to refresh the new values.
Note: When adjusting your values in the boxes, always click into top box of calculator and then down to refresh the new values. (Use Tab key to refresh. )